THURSDAY, JANUARY 3, 6:30-8:30 PM:
You're Funnier than You Think
Write humor in any genre.
Adding a touch of humor can enliven any genre and strengthen your connection to your readers. Join this fun presentation that will teach you some simple tools for finding your sense of humor and infusing it into your writing.
About the presenter:
Leigh Anne Jasheway is the author of 25 published books. Her work has been included in over 2 dozen anthologies and she’s been writing humor columns for almost 20 years for a variety of publications. She has also written seven screenplays, a stage play, and premiered her first musical (#MeToo the Musical) in 2018. She teaches comedy writing and improv at LCC and is the comedy writing instructor for Writer’s Digest online.
• 6:30-7:00 p.m., Social Time and Refreshments
• 7:00-7:15 p.m., News, Upcoming Events and Member Announcements
• 7:15-8:15 p.m., Speaker
• 8:20 p.m., Drawing for Free Gift
• 8:30-8:45 p.m., Questions and Book Signing
Monthly meetings at all the chapters are free for members of Willamette Writers.
Fees for Nonmembers to attend meetings (suggested donation):
• Nonmember guests of Willamette Writers members pay $5.
• Nonmember full time students with student ID pay $5.
• All other nonmember adults pay $10.